Monday 14 July 2014

Tin Tin's deepest thoughts



Ok - this is a little absurd. But please consider it art, and please hold some faith in my mental stability. It's a parody of an extremely famous and deep poem by Bulleh Shah from present day Pakistan, so I feel a little guilty for butchering that poem. But I believe that Bulleh Shah would have approved of appropriating such ridiculous thoughts to something as ridiculous and heavily entertaining as Tin Tin.

Tin Tin, I know not who I am,
Am I a polar bear, or an albino?
Am I just a toy, or could I apply to become a real boy?
Am I a believer, or an infidel?
Would I have made a better Mosses, or a better Pharaoh?
Tin Tin, I know not who I am.

Tin Tin, I know not who I am,
Do I actually like cats, or do I just enjoy the thrill of conquest?
If Theo lost her tail in some tragic accident, would I still find her attractive?
Do I enjoy sleeping by the main door, or in the upstairs living room more?
Is cat food better, or dog food?
Tin Tin, I know not who I am.

Tin Tin, I know not who I am,
Why do they all hate me?
Is it because of their own insecurities?
Would they feel differently, if I dyed myself grey?
How would I do that anyway without thumbs and fingers, or the ability to express my wishes to real boys?
Tin Tin, I know not who I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment